The cold wind hits my face hard. I cling on to him, as he zooms. It’s dark. It’s cold. And I’m numb. I bury my head into his jacket, and hold on as tight as possible. Closing my eyes, with my hands inside his jacket’s pockets, I take in as much of his warmth as I could. We don’t say a word. It’s too cold to talk. When I look behind, there are no vehicles. Ahead of us, there are none either. It was just us. It was just me, with the only person I’ve ever wanted to be with. Fast driving has always given me the creeps. But sitting behind him, I wasn’t scared at all. I let him sweep me away. The moments…they were just magical! And trust me, when I say so, it really felt like that. We drive for hours. By the time we reach, I cannot move. The fog slowly starts clearing, as we climb the cliff. And when I cannot pull myself up, he lends me his hand. We stand there, on the cliff, watching the sunrise, letting the warmth reach us, and he still holds on to my hand. I wasn’t very cold any ...
"Trust me. There's no way that I can sing in front of you." "Well, I don't care. You just have to!" I thrust the guitar into his hands and sit down in front of him. "You won't ever give up now, will you?" He sighs as he strikes a chord. "We got this afternoon You've got this room for two.." His eyes are shut, his voice mesmerizing. Soft..calm..just beautiful. His fingers gently move, the rhythm comes to him so naturally. I just sit and listen. And that's all I want to do. "You were wonderful." I say, once he stops. He laughs. "Your body is my wonderland." He kisses my shoulders gently. "You should really try for the competition, you know. You'll get through." "You don't get it Lucy. I can't sing in front of people." He snaps. "Just close your eyes and think that you're singing to me. Do it for me. Please.." I look into his eyes and hold on to his gaze. "Th...
The last time I opened up to somebody, was when I was eighteen. That was the last time I was naïve. He broke my heart, naturally. After that, I tied myself to my flowers. People around thought me weird. What difference would it make anyways? I had to earn. My father was paralyzed to the bed. My mother, dead... I hoped to see him, but he did not turn up. I kept looking around, but he was nowhere to be seen. The strawberry basket lay empty on the table, and there was no camera flashing around. People came into the shop, and they left. I searched for him in every face, I longed for him to suddenly appear with his camera. I wanted to look at him secretly while he would be lost capturing pictures. But no, he did not come, and the day passed. Is it possible to fall for a person within a span of just two days? Was it just the desperation that was building up within me, or was it something else? I don’t know.. Maybe he realized that I’m nothing but a rotten flower girl. …… Every Sunda...
thank for the comment.... by the way you and your family look really coll..... how many siblings do you have???? keep blogging! =]
ReplyDeleterock on!!u R in love:)
ReplyDeletei love it! everytime i read ur poems i think of the guy =)
ReplyDeletejust dont tell karl that ;)
i lOve that poem u wrote on 15 Nov..can really relate to it..keep on writin gal!
ReplyDeleten thkx for your lovely comments =]
have a wonderful week!
thank you for the lovely comments
ReplyDelete:)
Love the post! It's really good and the pic is very pretty!!
ReplyDelete**Miss. Maddie**
love the poem, and u always pick out the best pictures, always are really cool
ReplyDeletethanks
ReplyDelete