The Little Match Girl

Image from here

What am I doing, I don’t know. 
What would I like to do, I no longer know..
I’m just sitting and watching everything pass by. 

I’m just sitting, doing nothing. 
My visions are lost and I can’t seem to find myself.

People pass me. 
I sit in the corner of the street and wonder
If any one of them feels the way I do. 

I was once like them. 
Moving.
But now, I’ve come to a standstill.
Lost I feel, 
And I don’t know which way I’m supposed to take. 

I’m cold and tired, 
But I cannot move.
I cannot think. 

I cannot find myself.

I feel dead and lost. 
No summer breeze blows around me any longer.
I’m just wrapped up in winter.
Lifeless, and cold..
I’m in the dark 
And no matter how many matches I light, 
I get no warmth. 

And no matter how many matches I light,
They show me nothing apart from my broken dreams.

I have no support now.
I’m frozen.
And it’s too late to break free. 
Trapped I am. 
I’ve lost myself in the crowd that passes me all the time.
And I just sit and try to find,
But I don’t see myself anywhere.

Where am I?
Where is my life?
Where is my smile?

I hear laughter.
It echoes.
I hear my laughter..
But when I look around, I don’t find it. 
I cannot grab it.

My heart echoes..
It’s empty without my laughter. 
But I cannot see it anywhere. 

I’m tired of searching. 

And now,
My matches are over
And my smile is lost.

Will I ever find it?
I don’t know.

I don’t know anything
Any longer.

Comments

  1. Not sure what this poem is supposed to mean but the usage of words and the expressions are good.

    Destination Infinity

    ReplyDelete
  2. missed your work :) blogger seems missing wdout ur posts! n ds!! another master piece i must say..sad..depressing..full of the thing called pain! amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Full of sadness ~ Doubts can lead us to a standstill ~ Good one ~

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a hard place of life you know...it can be brutal at times....with nothing to keep us warm...and a loss of connection with the whole...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing words, so soulful, deeply sad and emotional!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh!!...This so sad!....very touching....But, I loved the way you described pain..The pain of loneliness, the pain of emptiness...The pain of being lost......Awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi PhilO,

    Again you're back with your powerful rhymes! Your words have intensity to touch hearts...
    Beautifully displayed emotions dwelling in pain, remorse and loneliness!
    This part usually comes in life...For few it comes and go but in many lives This Pain dwells till their last breath!

    Keep Writing my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A sad note on the feel so abandoned... Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Philo,

    Touches the heart to read thoughts of one who has lost out in life and love too it seems.

    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  10. another awesome work...loved it...it expresses a deep feel of loneliness...close to my heart...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely writing Juhi and it is great to see you return in spurts of writing now:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahh Philo, each one of us have felt that once in our lives. Lost distant, lifeless. Just watching people around. The pain is just oozing out of this poem. I loved it totally! Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. ..no matter how many matches you light..you have ignited an inferno..of words..engulfing the reader..
    ..you have described your ' pain ' beautifully...
    ..just go through your poem again i am sure it will bring back the summer breeze and you will get back your lost laughter...
    ...keep posting such wonderful poems.. :) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic issues altogether, you just won a logo new reader. What might you suggest about your put up that you made a few days ago? Any sure?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Because the admin of this web page is working, no doubt very rapidly it will be famous, due to its feature contents.

    ReplyDelete
  17. long time no see
    n when i return to this blog and find that our states of mind at present match, it feels good yet bad and perhaps i have lost my sense of writing english too...
    and then perhaps one can think, that one is not meant for the crowd, perhaps better than it, but sitting wont do, let's fucking stand! and chase our fuckin dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  18. is this based on the story "the little match girl"? if so, the emotions of the girl cannot be bettered than this. great going :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. one doesnot simply overlooks your words :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have been surfing online more than 3 hours these days, yet I by no means found any attention-grabbing article like yours. It is beautiful value enough for me. In my opinion, if all web owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the web will probably be a lot more useful than ever before.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your words mean a lot :)

Popular posts from this blog

Tripping Cause I'm Clumsy :)

The Flower Girl..

Echoing Breaths